Why Can't I View My MicroBase Pro Data?
If your MicroBase Pro installation
contained a valid database at some point in the past and it now indicates
that you need to create a new database, the following scenario may have
- You are running and old
version of MicroBase Pro (v2.0x) under Windows Vista (or
later version of Windows).
- The Windows Vista security workaround
was not installed (or was not installed correctly).
- The currently logged Windows user is different
than the one who originally initalized the database.
If all of the above items apply to your installation, then your database
will not be visible and MicroBase Pro will ask if you want to create a new
database. If you encounter this issue:
Do not re-install MicroBase Pro (this won't
Do not attempt to create a new database (this won't
install the WinVista security workaround (it's too late for
Do not attempt to
run MicroBase Pro as administrator (this won't help).
To correct this issue and get your old database back, perform the following
- Shut down MicroBase Pro, then reboot your PC.
- Log on to Windows as the original user
who initialized the MicroBase Pro database.
- Run MicroBase Pro. Your old data should now
- Shut down MicroBase Pro and run
auto-update to update to the latest version of MicroBase Pro.
- After the update is complete, restart MicroBase
- Your database will now be available to MicroBase
Pro with any Windows user login.
If you would like assistance with the steps
above, contact DSS to schedule a remote desktop session with a support